How to Make Chocolate Chip CBD Cookies with Sour Space Candy
It’s never a bad time to bake a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. This time, why not delight your friends and family with home-baked cookies that are infused with CBD?
There are lots of ways to include CBD in cookies, but we think that baking cookies with CBD flower is best. Learn how to bake Secret Nature Sour Space Candy CBD-rich hemp flower into deliciously potent chocolate chip cookies with this recipe.
What are CBD cookies?
Why should I make chocolate chip cookies with CBD flower?
Deliciously indulgent, chocolate chip cookies provide a sense of relaxation and contentment unlike any other. Combined with CBD, these beloved cookies become even more relaxing, and making your own CBD cookies with hemp flower delivers the best taste and the greatest benefits.
Most pre-made CBD cookies contain CBD isolate along with plenty of preservatives and other artificial ingredients. CBD isolate doesn’t provide the entourage effect, however, so it’s less effective, and just because you’re indulging in sugary cookies doesn’t mean you want to load your body up with artificial toxins.
Some CBD cookies contain broad-spectrum or full-spectrum CBD extract. Even so, they still can’t compare with cookies you baked in your own kitchen using butter that’s been infused with top-shelf CBD flower.
Secret Nature Sour Space Candy is the perfect strain for cookies
Each strain of CBD flower has a unique blend of terpenes. Depending on the terpenes it contains, one CBD flower strain might taste completely different from another.
As expert Cannabis sativa breeders, we’ve logged endless hours experimenting with different cultivars of CBD-rich flower, and we’ve developed a connoisseur taste when it comes to each strain’s taste and effects. Sour Space Candy is a sativa-dominant hybrid that has all the right traits to boost homemade chocolate-chip cookies. Here are some of the highlights of this strain:
- Sativa-dominant hybrid effects
- Mint, apple, and sour candy terpene profile
- Indoor-grown strain with no agrochemical contaminants
- 20.9% CBD
How to make CBD cookies
Making CBD cookies at home is almost as easy as making normal chocolate chip cookies. Let’s summarize the steps you’ll need to follow, then we’ll provide more details:
1. Infuse Sour Space Candy CBD flower into butter
Combine Secret Nature CBD flower and butter in a double boiler or crockpot set to low, and allow the solution to simmer for around 30-60 minutes before straining.
2. Combine CBD butter, sugar, and salt into a paste
Place the CBD-infused butter, sugar, salt, egg, and vanilla into a large bowl, and whisk them together.
3. Add flour, baking soda, and chocolate chunks
Add the flour, baking soda, and chocolate chunks into the mixture, and combine all the ingredients with a spatula.
4. Scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet, and bake for 12-15 minutes
Using an ice cream scoop, place the completed dough onto a cookie sheet, and then bake it in the oven at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
5. Enjoy the cookies once they’re cool
Remove the cookies from the oven, allow them to cool, and enjoy the power of chocolate chip cookies combined with Secret Nature Sour Space Candy CBD flower.
Now that you have a basic overview of how to bake CBD cookies, let’s provide detailed information on the materials and ingredients you’ll need to complete this task:
- Double-boiler or crockpot
- Mesh strainer
- 2 mixing bowls
- Mason jar
- Probe thermometer
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Ice cream scoop
- 3-10 grams Secret Nature Sour Space Candy hemp flower
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 8 oz dark chocolate chunks
We’ll be using a modified form of Tasty’s chocolate chip cookie recipe to bake our CBD flower cookies. Let’s start with instructions on how to infuse CBD flower into butter, and then we’ll add more detail to the simple recipe we listed above:
How to make CBD flower butter
- Grind your Secret Nature Sour Space Candy hemp flower
- Place it on parchment paper laid on top of a baking sheet
- Decarboxylate your buds by baking them at 250°F for 30-45 minutes
- Combine the decarboxylated hemp flower with butter in a crockpot or double-boiler that’s been set to low
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 30-60 minutes
- Do not allow the mixture to exceed 200°F
- Remove from heat, and place the cheesecloth inside the mesh strainer
- Strain the butter into a mixing bowl, then transfer it into a mason jar
How to make CBD flower chocolate chip cookies
- Whisk together the CBD flower butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt in a second mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla using a whisk, and beat the mixture until it only slightly sticks to the whisk.
- Add the flour and baking soda using a sifter, and fold the mixture with a spatula.
- Continue folding as you add the semi-sweet and dark chocolate chunks, then chill the dough in your fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using an ice cream scoop, remove the dough from the mixing bowl, and place it on the baking sheet.
- Leave around 4 inches of space between each cookie and 2 inches of space between the edge of the cookie and the pan.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes. They will spread and flatten as they bake.
- Allow the cookies to cool for around 30 minutes before enjoying the unique benefits of CBD flower chocolate chip cookies
Tips for cooking with CBD flower
Let’s wrap things up with a few tips you should follow whenever you cook with CBD flower:
- Make your CBD butter in a well-ventilated area. While it contains less than 0.3% THC, CBD flower smells just like marijuana, and depending on your circumstances, you might not want your whole home to smell like weed the moment you start baking.
- Decarboxylation is optional since the CBD in your Secret Nature Sour Space Candy buds will naturally decarboxylate as it’s heated in butter. Perfectionists, however, prefer to decarboxylate ahead of time to make sure that all of the CBDA in their buds converts into CBD.
- As you eat your cookies, savor the unique notes of mint, sour candy, and apple that were imparted by your Sour Space Candy CBD flower. The special flavors that terpenes provide make simmering your own CBD butter more than worth it.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with CBD
There’s a reason the chocolate chip cookie is America’s most popular cookie. There’s something quintessentially American about biting into a homemade chocolate chip cookie, and hemp is just as baked into the history of the United States as Ruth Wakefield’s iconic cookie recipe.
Today, we don’t just have the freedom to eat chocolate chip cookies to our heart’s content. We also have the freedom to enjoy all the benefits of CBD flower. As a result, it’s only natural to boost the traditional experience of biting into a chocolate chip cookie with the modern joys of Secret Nature indoor-grown hemp buds.