For some CBD flower smokers, taking a hit of CBD is a rare occurrence. For most of us, though, smoking hemp becomes something of a daily habit, and it’s natural to wonder if you’re smoking too little or too much.
In this guide, learn:
- How much CBD flower you need to smoke to feel anything
- How to calculate the amount of CBD you’re smoking
- The frequency with which you should smoke CBD during the day
- What an average daily dose of CBD flower will feel like
- Which CBD hemp flowers are best to smoke every day
- And more…
How much CBD flower do I need to smoke to feel the effects?
In most cases, it’s only necessary to take a single hit of CBD hemp flower to feel the effects. The definition of a “hit” varies among hemp smokers, though; we’re talking about a full, deep inhalation that deposits around 10-20mg of CBD into your lungs, not a tiny wimpy puff.
If you don’t feel the full effects of CBD flower after one hit, take another. Most habitual hemp smokers average around 1-2 hits per hour.
- 1-2 hits of CBD flower per session is usually enough
How much CBD is in a gram of hemp flower?
The average CBD hemp flower strain contains around 15% CBD, which can also be represented as 150mg CBD per every 1000mg of hemp plant matter. So, if you smoke half a gram of CBD flower that contains 15% CBD, you just inhaled around 75mg CBD.
Is 15% CBD flower strong?
These days, 15% CBD is considered to be average when it comes to CBD hemp flower potency. Hemp flower needs to contain around 15% CBD to be effective, and the strongest CBD hemp flower strains now contain more than 20% CBD. If your hemp flower contains closer to 10% CBD, there’s only one word for it: weak.
- 15-20% potency is average for CBD hemp flower
How many times a day can you smoke CBD flower?
Scientists haven’t discovered any major side effects of smoking CBD hemp flower, so you should feel free to use your own discretion when setting the maximum number of CBD flower sessions you choose to enjoy per day. We find that most CBD smokers end up lighting up 3-6 times per day, but you’re free to find your own daily CBD hemp flower rhythm.
How much CBD do you inhale when you smoke it?
If the CBD flower you’re smoking contains 15% CBD, a single hit should contain anywhere from 10-30mg CBD. With high-end bongs and other heavy-duty smoking equipment, it’s possible to smoke close to a whole gram of hemp in just one hit, but most people inhale considerably less. If you did smoke a whole gram of 15% CBD hemp flower, though, you’d ingest 150mg CBD at once.
- Most hits of CBD flower contain 10-30mg CBD
What does 100mg of CBD feel like?
Regardless of how you take it, 100mg of CBD is a big dose. That’s the equivalent of 2-3 average CBD gummies or capsules, and CBD is a lot more effective when you inhale it.
If you smoke or vape 100mg CBD at once, make sure you’re near a couch or bed. The relaxing effects of CBD will come on incredibly strongly, and you might feel somewhat overwhelmed even though you won’t get high even at that dose.
Since it contains less than 0.3% THC, that 100mg of inhaled CBD would only be accompanied by 3mg total THC. That’s hardly enough to get you high anyway, but it also appears that CBD significantly calms down the effects of THC in your brain.
The verdict: What is the ideal daily CBD flower dose?
An average CBD hemp flower joint contains around 100mg CBD whether you’re smoking a pre-roll or you rolled it yourself. When you smoke around 100mg CBD per day, you’re making sure your body gets enough CBD to experience the desired effects without overdoing it. Consider upping your daily dosage to 200mg or higher depending on the results you experience smoking around 100mg CBD per day.
- 100mg CBD is a solid daily dose of hemp flower
What are the best CBD flowers to smoke every day?
If you’re planning to smoke CBD hemp flower on a daily basis, you’ll want to choose a brand you won’t get tired of. No matter how much of it you smoke, Secret Nature organic CBD hemp flower will still taste just as good and offer the same pure-hemp, extra-potent CBD puffs day-in and day-out.
Consider diversifying your CBD hemp flower stash with indica, sativa, and hybrid varieties. Sativas are great for daytime use, and hybrid CBD strains can be smoked at any time.
When you want a good night’s sleep, though, reach for your indica CBD hemp flower buds. Let’s take a look at the three most popular Secret Nature indica, sativa, and hybrid CBD flower strains:
#1) Secret Nature Frosted Kush Indica CBD Hemp Flower
Frosted Kush delivers potent indica effects accompanied by Secret Nature’s most iconic hemp flower terpene profile. Join hundreds of verified reviewers by giving Frosted Kush CBD Hemp Flower a shot.
- Secret Nature Frosted Kush CBD Hemp Flower review - Caleb T. “Artisans indeed! ★★★★★ “From the jump they had me. The packaging...the bud. How it smoked. How it came on to me so subtly but yet potent. For sure some of THE BEST CBD anywhere!! You will never go wrong choosing ANY of these great quality products from secret nature. Artisans they damn sure are! Mhm! Mhm!”
#2) Secret Nature Sour Gummi Hybrid CBD Hemp Flower
At more than 21% CBD, Sour Gummi is a potent addition to your Secret Nature stash. Its deliciously sweet terpene profile is especially welcome when you’re feeling ready to switch away from the strain you’re currently smoking.
- Secret Nature Sour Gummi CBD Hemp Flower review - Matt G. “Fantastic stuff!!” ★★★★★ “This is my first time smoking CBD flower..and wow!! Just awesome! Complete relaxation and definitely doesn’t make you feel dumb (for those scared to try it). I absolutely will be purchasing more soon and will get some other kinds as well!”
#3) Secret Nature Papaya Nights Sativa CBD Hemp Flower
Papaya Nights is a fruity sativa through and through, making it the perfect strain to rely on throughout the daylight hours. Consider combining Papaya Nights with Sour Gummi or another Secret Nature hemp flower strain for a truly unique CBD smoking experience.
- Secret Nature Papaya Nights CBD Hemp Flower review - Alejandro C. ★★★★★ “this strain smells very good and tastes just as good !! definitely feel the energy this strain gives. the quality is very good as always with secret nature.”